Dr. Visscher and Team's Blog
Posts for: March, 2015
For many of us, the idea of going to the dentist brings sighs of disgust and an exaggerated rolling of the eyes. After all, nobody likes attending dental appointments and sitting in a big bulky chair while their dentist works in their mouth. But did you know that it's dental check-ups like these that could save your life?
At Ronald L. Morse, DDS, PC, you'll find that every patient receives only the best care from dental specialists on site, which includes oral cancer screenings that can catch potentially cancerous formations before they get out of control.
These oral screenings are done using the innovative ViziLite® TBlue® Advantage and VELscope® Vx devices, both of which aid oral experts in the identification and evaluation of any abnormal oral cells that could be indicative of cancer. They can even show cancers which would otherwise fly under the radar when your mouth is checked via traditional methods!
Take a look at a few of the major advantages both of these devices can offer your mouth below:
ViziLite® TBlue® Advantage
- Small device that allows dentists to get a full view inside the mouth
- Offers disposable technology so there's no risk for cross-contamination
- Provides superior infection control
- Small handheld device using natural tissue fluorescence visualization so the dentist can seamlessly spot oral abnormalities
- Uncovers all types of infections, including bacterial, viral, and fungal
- Can differentiate between squamous papillomas, salivary gland tumors, and cells that appear to either cancerous or precancerous
After you experience these two cancer-screening techniques, you can feel good about your oral health the next time you leave the dentist, as the ViziLite and the VELscope work together to provide the superior technique for catching cancer.
For more information on oral cancer screening and prevention, give Dr. Morse a call today at (303) 279-6929 for leading oral answers right here in Lakewood, CO!